The STOP THE BLEED® campaign has a big goal – to train 200 Million people across the nation in the years ahead. This can only be accomplished with the support of all of the people and organizations qualified to train people properly.
In order to do that, the proper training equipment needs to be utilized – equipment that can be challenging for some organizations to afford. The STOP THE BLEED® Training Kit Grant program is designed to supply STOP THE BLEED® Training Kits suitable to be used to teach the hands on, American College of Surgeons, STOP THE BLEED® course. Grantees will receive one STOP THE BLEED® Training Kit, delivered to their location, free of charge, a $1,000 value.
Sign up for info about future grant opportunities
The grant application period is now closed.
Thank you all who have sent applications – winners will be announced in June.
- Applications are open to U.S. based organizations (government entities, schools, non-profit organizations, civic groups, faith-based organizations)
- Applicants have an existing or a planned STOP THE BLEED® program
- Grantees commit to use the STOP THE BLEED® Training Kit to teach the American College of Surgeons STOP THE BLEED® course
- STOP THE BLEED® courses must be taught by American College of Surgeons (ACS) approved instructors. For information about ACS approved instructors, click here.
- Applicant organization has experience with STOP THE BLEED® training or other health care training (CPR, etc.)
- Demonstrated financial need
- Level of impact that the organization will achieve with Training Kit Grant
- Demonstrated support of the STOP THE BLEED® campaign by connecting with our social media channels
Applications submitted by May 10, 2020 will be eligible for Grant Awards announced on National STOP THE BLEED® Day (May 21, 2020).
Applications submitted by June 17, 2020 (including applications submitted by May 10, 2020) will be eligible for Grant Awards announced in June.
All Grant Awardees will be contacted by email to notify them of their award and to coordinate the delivery of their STOP THE BLEED® Training Kit.
The following components are included in the STOP THE BLEED® Training Kit
- STOP THE BLEED® Instructional booklets (10)
- Blue training C-A-T™ tourniquets (5)
- QuikClot® Combat Gauze Moulage Trainers (8)
- Z-Medica Trauma Trainer legs (2) – for dry use only
- Protective gloves (12 pairs)